USA men's soccer team beat Italy today! For the first time in the history of ever! And they did it without Landon Donovan! It was amazing! I watched it online and was surprised to see the USA men actually holding their own and doing well. The Italians were aggressive and the USA men always managed to muck up whatever the Italians were doing. They were pesky and it paid off! Play like that more, USA! I love the Azzurri, and they played well, too. However, the game was played in Italy and for USA to go to Italy's home turf and win?! When they've never ever ever ever ever done it before!? And they do it with a shutout victory?!
And the world goes, 'Whaaaa?!'
I was (and still kind of am) all:
This was just a friendly match between the teams, no tournament title or anything like that was on the line. Still, in case you aren't a fan of soccer but do call yourself a sports fan, you should know that this is a huge huge deal for USA sports and USA soccer in particular.
This is a history-maker!

No comments:
Post a Comment