Raaaaaarrr!! It's election day, and here in my city we had a semi-big deal on the ballot. I've drowned myself in cookies & creme ice cream topped with m&ms because I discovered that only 38% of my fellow citizens feel similarly to me on that one semi-big deal ballot measure. It's no surprise that my opinions and those of the majority of my fellow citizens are practically opposite, but I always feel sad when I'm faced with it in the news under the headline "[Ballot measure] soundly defeated at polls". Boo. I didn't think this measure would pass, but then, during voting, I had a sudden surge of hopefulness that maybe it would.
Hope is always dashed come election reporting time in this house. Enter ice cream and candy-coated chocolate. Yum.
Not all was in vain on this election day, though. Feeling that (as history has shown) my hopes at the poll would be squandered, I stopped to sign a petition to get the legalization of cannabis on the ballot later in the year. I figure if you can't win, you may as well attempt to piss off as many of your neighbors as possible by forcing them to vote your propositions down. Oh, democracy, you are fun. I am very much hoping that it happens and look forward to the angry, panties-in-a-wad, hometown jibber-jabber regarding the giggle weed later this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment