I am super sleepy. I took some cold medicine earlier after getting to work and it says it's non-drowsy, but my eyelids are saying otherwise. They're pretty certain this medicine is sleep-inducing. Mouth is joining in the argument with lots of yawning, too.
I work in the basement of the campus library, and in this basement there is a large auditorium for classes to use. Last week I was strolling by and the giant class that was in there was taking a test. And I felt a surge of happiness, knowing that for the first time in a really long time I had no tests to study for, no papers to write, nothing to do but work and go home. That I actually am done with school and never have to go back...Ever. And I knew that before, but seeing all of the students taking a test made me realize it fully. I have the terminal degree for my field. It's a completely different phase of life. The 'after college' phase. I need a hobby or something. I've already changed all the furniture around my house once this year and last night I was sitting on the couch watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show on my new favorite channel, "Me-TV", and thinking that I should switch around my living room and music room. The music room is one that I just created last month. I can't actually move the living room furniture by myself, so it would be quite the undertaking and, now that I really think about it, I probably can't fit my couch into the music room. And I don't have the money to buy a sleeper loveseat, which is what I really want for my living room. Although, a sleeper loveseat probably would fit in the back room/music room. Maybe I'll hold off until I get enough money to buy one and then do all this swapping of furniture again? As it is, I'd either have a couch with the record player and stereo in the now-living-room and just a chair and foot rest in with the tv in the now-music-room. I kind of like the idea that when you enter the house, the first thing you see is not the tv, though. I kind of like the idea of a music/conversation area to be the first impression of my home. More thought is needed. More money too, if furniture buying is going to become a part of this scheme. I do plan on buying furniture in the near future, but not living room furniture. Hmm.
March Madness is soon! I like basketball. Basketball is fast and fun. I've been giving thought to trying to find an NBA team to throw my support behind. Not that anybody is missing my support, but you know...just in case I ever get bored of college basketball, I'll have a pro team to focus on. My problem is that there is no NBA team in Missouri. St. Louis used to have one, but they left a long time ago and no team has ever come back. I don't think KC ever had one? Anyway, St. Louis should get one again because trying to decide on which one to support in my extended region is proving to be difficult. My dad suggested that I support Oklahoma City Thunder, but looking at their roster they've got two assholes from KU on the team, and in no way does that sit well with me. My natural choice is the Chicago Bulls because I really like Chicago as a city, and they don't have any KU players on the team currently, although they have in the past. I suppose that's a fact of life in the NBA? Hmm. St. Louis also needs a Major League Soccer team. More than an NBA team, I would support an MLS team in St. Louis. KC has one that's pretty good and that just got a brand new super-nice stadium. A couple of years ago there were talks about expanding MLS and that St. Louis would get a team. Albert Pujols was even a public financial backer of the future MLS team that would be in St. Louis. But there is no expansion team. And Albert is in California now.
I would be happy to trade the NFL and NHL teams in St. Louis for MLS and NBA teams. Just in case anybody with power to make that happen wonders my opinion.
I got my Birchbox earlier this week and opened it last night. It's fun to open those and see what sort of goodies you get each month, but more often than not, I have no clue what the cosmetic doo-dad in the box is for. Luckily, the wonderbrains behind Birchbox always include an info sheet about what exactly they've included. This month was the first month that I've been a little disappointed in what I've gotten. It's not their fault, you can't hit a homerun every time you're up to bat, I guess. I was only a little disappointed when I saw the mineral makeup that's not a color I'll wear, and the overpriced face moisturizer. They struck out with some adhesive eyeliner stickers. I don't do much in the way of makeup, especially eye makeup. I'm kind of low-key on the makeup front ...which makes the fact that I've got this subscription kind of hilarious, I guess. It has introduced me to nice skincare products, hair products, and nail polish. The box this month was makeup heavy, but I think they probably knew that there was a good chance that this box was sub-par because they included a free download of songs from a band that they're kind of digging at the moment. That perked me up. I'm always up for new music. It's an indie pop rock band from Ft. Worth called "Green River Ordinance". After downloading the songs, I'd actually heard one on BXR on the 'What's New For Dinner' segment that they do weekdays at 6 pm. But, it's good stuff I think. If you like bands like Snow Patrol or The Fray or Parachute or something like that? You'd like this band, too. Seven free songs make up for the bizarre eyeliner stickers. Thanks, Birchbox.
I would be happy to trade the NFL and NHL teams in St. Louis for MLS and NBA teams. Just in case anybody with power to make that happen wonders my opinion.
I got my Birchbox earlier this week and opened it last night. It's fun to open those and see what sort of goodies you get each month, but more often than not, I have no clue what the cosmetic doo-dad in the box is for. Luckily, the wonderbrains behind Birchbox always include an info sheet about what exactly they've included. This month was the first month that I've been a little disappointed in what I've gotten. It's not their fault, you can't hit a homerun every time you're up to bat, I guess. I was only a little disappointed when I saw the mineral makeup that's not a color I'll wear, and the overpriced face moisturizer. They struck out with some adhesive eyeliner stickers. I don't do much in the way of makeup, especially eye makeup. I'm kind of low-key on the makeup front ...which makes the fact that I've got this subscription kind of hilarious, I guess. It has introduced me to nice skincare products, hair products, and nail polish. The box this month was makeup heavy, but I think they probably knew that there was a good chance that this box was sub-par because they included a free download of songs from a band that they're kind of digging at the moment. That perked me up. I'm always up for new music. It's an indie pop rock band from Ft. Worth called "Green River Ordinance". After downloading the songs, I'd actually heard one on BXR on the 'What's New For Dinner' segment that they do weekdays at 6 pm. But, it's good stuff I think. If you like bands like Snow Patrol or The Fray or Parachute or something like that? You'd like this band, too. Seven free songs make up for the bizarre eyeliner stickers. Thanks, Birchbox.
No comments:
Post a Comment