It smells like snow outside tonight! I look forward to a little snow. This winter has felt very un-wintery around here. Today was cold and blustery, though. And now, the air has that very unique, crisp smell of snow. In true, weather-changing fashion, I am sick again with a cold. I just barely got over the last one that I had when I returned from Peru. Now I'm down again. This time is easier though. I've discovered that I am a tylenol cold sort of person. Last cold, I tried a combination of Alka Seltzer medicine and Dayquil. That really didn't work for me at all. This time, I went back to my tried-and-true Tylenol Cold and I have been functioning at much higher rate. Don't mess with the best, I guess?
I'm due for another dose of medicine pre-sleep here in a bit.
Last night I turned on my tv for the first time in a long time to see actual television programming. My tv is mostly used only for watching dvds, but I decided to check out whether or not I get PBS. I don't. But, in checking, I ended up watching some old shows on Me-TV, which I now get where my old radar-only station used to be. It's awesome! I saw the very end of the Dick Van Dyke Show, then came the Bob Newhart Show (I prefer "Newhart"-era Bob in his Vermont hotel wearing cardigans, not this Bob, who dons leisure suits and a gold pinkie ring in Chicago, but still, it was nice to see Bob no matter what), and then I saw just a little bit of That Girl. I turned it on just now and it's Star Trek, which doesn't interest me in the slightest. It appears as though Saturday nights on that channel are Science Fiction nights or something? I did go looking through their programs list and found some doozies that I remember from TV Land's debut in the 90s. Like, "Family Affair", "Laverne & Shirley", "Mary Tyler Moore Show", and "Petticoat Junction". "M*A*S*H" is on too. I think I've seen every episode of that show. My mom would watch that show all the time when I was growing up and she had a shirt (which I own, now) that's got 'M*A*S*H 4077th' on it. I love that show (and that shirt). The times that these programs air aren't necessarily conducive to my being able to watch them, but I love knowing that I have the opportunity of seeing these shows.
Sad news about Whitney Houston passing away. I always liked her and always wanted her to make a big comeback. Sad face. Just Say No to Drugs. I saw bits of the movie "Waiting to Exhale" last month. I got it from the library and it has been watched so many times that the dvd is scratched beyond repair. I love that movie. Really, I enjoyed all the movies that I've seen with Whitney Houston in it. "The Bodyguard", "Waiting to Exhale", and the nineties version of "The Preacher's Wife" were all good in my book. I always thought Whitney Houston carried herself with a lot of class and poise when she was at the height of her career. I have many of her albums and have been trying to figure out what my favorite song would be if I had to choose just one. It's a tough task. Such good songs, man! I remember having this song on repeat on my little portable boombox in my room in high school:
(Clap your hands, y'all, it's all right).
No comments:
Post a Comment