Sunday, February 26, 2012

I need things to do, before I become creepy.

Have you noticed there is a tumblr for just about anything you could possibly imagine? I was strolling down Pinterest yesterday and there was a link to a tumblr called "Hot Guys Reading Books". Of course, I had to follow the link and, yup. There's a whole lot of pictures of fellas reading books. The more I looked at the tumblr, the more it became clear that when someone sees a man reading in a public place, they are beginning to sneak photos of them and then submit them to this blog. Not all of the submissions are strangers, there are plenty of boyfriends, husbands, co-workers, etc. But there seems to be a lot of men that have gotten shot (so to speak) by strangers while they are deep in the world of whatever they're reading. The stories of some of the photographers getting caught are funny too. I laughed as I wandered through the pages of the blog. Good job, sneaky bibliophiles.

I need something to do. I'm becoming really bored again with life as I know it. I've been tossing about the idea of getting a second job. Mostly because I could use the socialization and it would just plain give me something to do with my time, the extra money would be a bonus. I decided not to do the running charity thing I was considering doing this spring. There's not much in the way of clubs or hobbies that I feel like picking up, exactly. I do go to the health plex, but I won't do that every night. I suppose I could take part in one of their aerobic classes or something. That would be something routine that I could get into and get to know people through. On the second job front, there's not much that interests me. I wish something would open up at the library, except that I almost kind of want something completely different. Like a whole new group of people to meet, you know? I did find some adult enrichment classes that look interesting. There's a chinese food class and a chocolate cooking class that I am leaning toward taking. That could be fun. Those are just one night sessions, though...  I just plain need something to do with my time. I don't like ruts. I did apply at a bookstore, and that could be okay. I could start getting active in the animal shelter group again. I had to stop that when I was in school. I like that sort of thing. Hmm. I'm just in a bored funk and have no vacations to look forward to,  nothing really going on. Time to make something happen, I guess? Go-go-gadget-mischief-maker!

I could just wander around and take pictures of hot guys reading books? Working in a bookstore would help with that. Until I get fired for being the creepy bookstore worker who takes pictures of random men while they read and then submits them to an internet website for the world to see.

Hmm. This might not be a path I want to head down. Chinese cooking, chocolate treats, and shelter animals seems the road that leads to the 'less likely to get into actual trouble' area of life. I'm good with mischief. I'm less good with actual trouble. All that drama...who needs it?

No comments:

Post a Comment