Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow Day mumblings.

Happy snow day! Winter has finally decided to show itself around these parts. It's been snowing all day and it's lovely. Tomorrow it will be sunny and warmer, so the snow won't be hanging around, but it's really nice to have at least one day of true Winter weather. It's kind of a wet, slushy snow. I'll probably be shoveling soon.

I'm still getting over my second cold, so another day off of work isn't bad in that case, either. I am feeling better than a few days ago and was planning to spend much of this snow day just toddling around the house doing some tidying. It's happened a bit, but mostly I've just chilled out all day long. As soon as I sit down, Beatrix comes and curls up to fall asleep on my lap. She's getting bigger every day. I've decided that an "As Time Goes By" marathon is a good way to spend the snowy afternoon. Jean and Lionel are good company.

I was watching some of the Grammy performances on the internet earlier. I saw a little bit of the show, but Downton Abbey was a two hour episode right in the middle of the award show, so I missed the majority of the awards. However, I did see the beginning and I really really enjoyed Bruno Mars' performance. I love those fifties and sixties-era bands his performance was emulating. Very very cool. I thought that was fantastic. I have no idea what the song was, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. More of that! I missed Adele's performance on the actual show, but just watched it on the web and of course she killed it, who would have ever thought otherwise? The long standing ovation that everyone gave her afterward was great, too. We need more singers like Adele. I was glad that the Foo Fighters won a bunch of awards, too. Good on ya, Grohl & Co.

I'm looking forward to a movie release in May: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It has both Judi Dench and Maggie Smith in it; it's no guess that I will love it. And, the scenery is bound to be pretty nice too, as it was shot on location in India. Another thing that I love? V8's V-Fusion Pomegranate Green Tea. At the grocery store yesterday I saw it and decided to give it a chance, and it's turned out to be a great decision. I like it when those grocery store product chances turn out well, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment