Saturday, February 18, 2012

Give up everything to show you there's still time.

Good weekend to ya!

I don't have any big plans this weekend and the weather is looking nice and sunny. It's like having a whole open road in front of you and you have lots of time to meander down it and stop whenever you want to see what you can see. I got up this morning and worked out, which was a goal I was wanting to make sure I met. Being sick had really taken a lot of the energy that I had to get up and go work out and I didn't want to get out of the barely-formed habit that I'm trying to create of being a workout kind of person. I always feel better afterward.

This past week was a big birthday one at work. Two of the four people in my little area had birthdays, so we did some celebrating. I bought some mini-cakes from a downtown bakery (Columbia has an excellent variety of bakeries within walking distance of work, so we're super spoiled in that regard) for one day and then yesterday we went to lunch at a Japanese restaurant. I haven't had Japanese food in probably a couple of years. It was good! Usually when I have Asian food, I tend to lean toward Chinese because it just seems quicker and easier to get. For some reason, Japanese food seems like it's a special occasion sort of food. I think it's because, until yesterday, every time I'd had Japanese food it had been hibachi-style, and that's more of an entertainment/event kind of experience rather than just a meal. Anyway, it was good food and good company and good times. More birthdays!

Also this week, a project came to light that is trying to challenge the stereotypical view of librarians. It's called "This Is What A Librarian Looks Like" and it's inspired by a similar project trying to challenge the stereotypical view of scientists. Anyway, I submitted a photo of myself for the project and they accepted it and posted it as part of the project! I was excited to be included. We're a pretty diverse community and the project is international, so it's kind of neat just to see the level of participation globally in this project. (If you're a librarian or work in a library, I encourage you to take part!)

Okay, the day is moving forward and so must I. I could spend all day sitting here listening to music and basking in the niceness of having free time. I'm still listening to Green River Ordinance and learning more of their songs. S'wonderful, s'marvelous. But, I think I'll go out in the world for a bit. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment