Monday, November 14, 2011

Rest in peace, baby girl.

This morning Iris was euthanized. This was a really rough weekend. She hadn't been eating for much of the week, she refused to drink water, and got so weak that she couldn't walk. She would fall over and try to drag herself from one place to another. It was heartbreaking. She was frustrated at how she couldn't get around, but she had lost the will to fight any longer. She was exhausted and wasn't going to come back from this. It's sad and lonely with out her around, even though I know the decision to put her down was the right one. And I know that she had a good life and that I did what I could for her and that she was a happy cat who impressed a lot of people with her courage and her strength. I'm proud of her and, although she had a short life, I'm thankful for the privilege to have had her share her short life with me.

So long, little one.

On the day I adopted her in 2007. So tiny.


Sort of discovering the great outdoors while on vacation at my Dad's house in 2009.


My darling Iris. Even though she was never healthy like an ordinary cat, she was always sweet and loving. 

1 comment:

  1. :( Sorry Jill. Freddy and Ragtime will play with her in kitty heaven. Though I like to think they really go to a sort of free pet store where people can adopt them and play with them.

    ReplyDelete