For the first time in months, I've actually come out of the tunnel vision I've had regarding life and graduation. Comps last week the beginning of the end (hopefully) and as soon as I had submitted them I wandered around my house for the first time and actually saw what a mess things were in. I knew life had gotten out of hand because of the overdue notices in my email, etc. But, for instance, I don't know how long cat vomit had been on the floor of the dining room, but it was like trying to remove cement. My laundry pile is so expansive that I had to kneel and shove it away from the furnace vent so I could at least get a little warmth on the night that it got below freezing. I still have no time for actually doing the laundry despite the fact that I have no pairs of socks left. I'm wearing mis-matched single socks that are leftover when the dryer eats one, you know? Yeah. They're still socks and with boots nobody else knows...until I publish it on the internet, that is. So yes. If you see me, I am wearing mis-matched novelty socks. It adds to the novelty?
I find out whether I passed comps on Friday afternoon. If I passed, I really will be able to feel a weight off my shoulders and can focus on trying to get my life back together outside of school and work. (Is there life outside, still?)
Last night I decided to indulge the trick-or-treating thing. I wasn't sure whether I would or not, but I did. And I had only 3 trick-or-treaters. All little ones, which is what I like. As I've mentioned previously: I don't like giving candy to teenagers who don't try to dress up. I got a little boy in the Scream killer mask (I'm surprised they still have those), a little clown with a red runny nose, and a little princess. I didn't give them as much candy as I would have had I know that there was just going to be three all night. I ventured out around 7:30 to look around and saw that I was the only one on the block with the porch light on, so I just turned mine off and watched the Halloween version of Dancing With the Stars. It was kind of a let down except for the team dance... Even those who are really good weren't fantastic this week. Anyway, I have a lot of Reese's peanut butter cups left. Yum.
Also, if you hadn't heard:
THE CARDINALS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!
I was amazed. (I still am.) It was unbelievable. I don't think I'll ever be able to see another World Series and not compare it to this 2011 World Series...and probably find future ones lacking. The only d'oh! I had was that I went to sleep after the 8th inning of game six, also known as the most amazing comeback victory ever?The cards won the game after scoring on their last out of the game. Twice. In 11 innings. I went to sleep, not wanting to hear them lose to the Rangers. I do have to say that the Texas Rangers made a fan out of me during this series. I never paid much attention to them, but watching their team and their manager over the course of the 7 games made me respect them a lot. Their manager seems awesome and totally behind his players 100%. They are a fantastic team and the level of competition between the Cards and the Rangers are what made the series so memorable and exciting to watch. Each game was intense and you never really knew who was going to win. That's what really made the series so fantastic, aside from the run the Cards went on. The Rangers players and manager seem like very kind and respectable guys who are fantastic baseball players. It was sad to see them lose when they were so close to winning their first ever series. (And to feel sadness in the middle of celebrating that kind of a win for my team says something about the way I had come to like the Rangers.) If the Rangers end up in the World Series again next year (against any team but the Cards), I will cheer for them. Nolan Ryan was my favorite baseball player as a kid and I would like to see him celebrate a world series win as an owner of the Rangers. Still, for the Cardinals: this was beyond anything I ever imagined this team would accomplish this year. So proud! Go Redbirds! Now La Russa is retiring and probably other members of his staff will leave, too. But, what better way to leave? It really doesn't get any better than this. And now maybe they can use some of the money they would have paid the staff to keep Pujols on the team? Yes? Maybe? I hope so. Anyway, it's still nice to bask in the glory of this World Series win.
*bask*
No comments:
Post a Comment