Daylight Saving Time, you are a cruel master. I prefer the 'fall back' to the 'spring forward', but here it is only 6:30 pm and I'm in my jammies and pretty much ready for sleep. I've got a book to read for class this week and it's interesting, but I tend to do my best reading in bed before sleep, I'm also kind of just putting off doing my readings. It's a mind conundrum. Like, if I get into the book and start reading it now, I might actually finish it pre-bedtime and then what? I don't have a back-up book. Or, well, I do have plenty of books but none for class and I've tried reading multiple books at once and that's just a complete mess when it comes time to try to book talk in class. It becomes sort of a ramble of things like:
"The main character was put in a tower in rural China because she refused to marry the guy her dad wanted her to marry, and then a Renaissance painter showed up from a far-off kingdom and said he wanted to paint the whole family and he fell in love with the girl's servant who was also in the tower, and then there was a guy that turned into a werewolf and killed everyone in the village, but the servant escaped and wandered around for a while. Oh, and also, there was a land of wild things that was ruled by a little boy named Max then Max got bored and decided to sail back home and as he was sailing back, Amelia Earhart and Eleanor Roosevelt flew over during a night flight. And Max got home and his mom had dinner waiting for him. And Eleanor and Amelia were good friends with matching fancy scarves. And the wandering servant eventually found another village, stood up to the werewolf, saved the village and married a prince."
And then my teacher often looks at me like this:
True story.
Hmm.
Youtube swoops in for the save.
First for the pretty-song:
For the more dancy out there, this song never gets old for me. It always reminds me of a club called The Rock Castle in Perugia and it was a night club inside the wall of the city. And my roommates and I would go there and they played this song and everyone in the place would go crazy singing and dancing and generally manic-dancing like crazy people. So, get up and shake it, but don't break it, 'cause it took your mama nine months to make it:

No comments:
Post a Comment