I am getting excited. For a while now I've been considering getting back into sewing clothing. This is something I used to do in high school because I have long legs and nobody made long inseam lounge pants (now they do, but it took a while for them to figure out that some chicks have long legs and prefer to not have to have highwater pants in gym class or when going to the Y.) Anyway, I've been sneaking around on blogs looking at sewing patterns and the end result of people's patterns and they look cuuuuute. I have unproven confidence in my ability to make clothing. I've only ever made pants...but a skirt should be doable, right? There's no legs to sew... I think this is going to be okay. I tend to reconstruct a lot of shirts that I buy or am given and turn them into other things. So, I plan to have a blast with this whole thing.
And anyway, in a few weeks I'll be faced with more time and no homework or assignments. Just work. I'm planning to join a healthplex in town to try to have a place to work out. I'll be losing my student rec status at MU. I'd rather have a place to work out in JC rather than up in Como, anyway. I don't really enjoy having to go work out right after working on campus. Plus, I've been asked to help with an afterschool running organization in the spring, as well, so it will be nice to have a place in town that I can workout at on weekends rather than only in Como during the week. The afterschool organization sounds interesting and I'm considering doing that, because I'd be all for trying to help girls boost their self-confidence and stay healthy.
I'm watching Baylor beat Texas Tech. I'm proud of those Bears.
Introducing Beatrix to Watson was a disaster. Watson tried to attack her. He's been pretty grumpy ever since he figured out she was in the house. Bea is a really sweet cat who is really interested in Watson, but it's going to take some time before Watsy is calm enough to handle being in a room with her without charging/attacking her, which just means that then I have to shout really loudly and quickly chase/herd a nearly 20 pound hissing and puffy-tailed cat down the hall and into a guest bedroom. It's about as dramatic as it sounds. Last night was dramalicious in my dad's house.
Live and learn.
For now: Go Baylor. And I'm off to eat meatloaf leftovers from Thanksgiving. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment