I am glad to see the end of this week. There has been a ridiculous amount of crap in a incredibly short amount of time. Sometimes, I guess it's just your time to deal with the bad stuff. I've noticed that it's been a rough time for a lot of people. People seem to just be going through some crazy bad stuff lately. Not just me, either. Yesterday I went to the lake to hang out with my dad, my godmother, and my godmother's sister. We went to a winery and drank wine in a cave. There's neat winery that has these steps that lead down to a cave that has some tables in it and you can sit in there and they'll bring you pizza and you hang out and laugh and have a good time. Caves + wine sounds like fun (and it is), but getting out of a cave after drinking is less fun. It did not end well. Yesterday's cave adventure ended with my godmother being life-flighted to University Hospital in Columbia. She's doing well. Quite sore, but well. In fact, I think she's kind of the darling of the ICU up there. They don't really get very lively, funny people in that unit... She's both (thank goodness!). But it's been a rough weekend for her. Her sister is a nurse and did a truly outstanding job during the craziness of yesterday. I know EMTs and nurses and doctors are trained to handle emergencies and have to be ready for anything, but when it's your own family and you have to do what you're trained to do, it's extraordinary. And she did an amazing job keeping her composure during it all and doing what she knew she had to do. I was really impressed by the people who stepped up yesterday. There happened to be an ICU nurse from Joplin at the winery who helped out a lot, too. It kind of makes you think that sometimes people are all in the same place for a reason, you know? Anyway, things are much better today than yesterday and my godmother is going to be a-okay. For now, she's entertaining the ICU nurses at Mizzou, but she'll probably be home for Thanksgiving. As an aside: I'd never been so close to a helicopter before. What a debris machine, those are. I was standing near an old machine shop in a pasture where it landed and the amount of dirt and machine dust and junk in the air around me was kind of crazy. I wasn't a huge fan of the helicopter. It was interesting to see it land, and I was happy that it could land there in an emergency to get someone to a good hospital quickly, but I don't think I'm interested in riding in one. My godmother was not awake for the ride, but she's been told she can now check 'helicopter ride' off of her bucket list.
Tomorrow I hope to find out what's the deal with my automobile. If I had to guess, I'd say that the insurance company will total it out, but if they decide they want to pay to fix it, I'm awesome with that plan, too. I have been doing a little more looking around at cars and seeing what is in my area, and there are some possibilities. We'll see. I'm currently trying to take a 'What kind of car is right for you?' internet quiz. It's uber-scientific and accurate, I'm sure.
After yesterday's fiasco, I decided last night to do yoga again. It relaxes me and I sleep like a log if I do yoga at night. It was actually really nice. I used to do it every night and then got out of the habit of it, but I might try to get back into that routine. I really do sleep much better... And clearly, if life is going to continue on this anxiety-riddled trajectory, I need my sleep.
----------------
p.s. This was my #1 recommended car for everything I told the quiz that I want in a car:
 |
| 2012 Hyundai Elantra |
(Interestingly enough, this is one of the cars I've been doing some research on! My Subaru Impreza came in #5 on my recommended cars in the quiz results.)
No comments:
Post a Comment