I went to Sycamore tonight for the first time ever and it was delicious! I recommend it. Not only is the food good (although at first I wasn't sure, but by the end of my meal, I was more than convinced that the chef clearly knew what he was doing). Also, far be it from me to criticize the workings of a culinary master when I mostly survive on instant oatmeal and peanut butter sandwiches. But I had the gnocchi+squash as my entree and then I got some chocolate cake for dessert. Mmmm. And the atmosphere at the place was really cool. It also seemed to attract a much cooler crowd than I'm used to seeing at my regular eating establishments...which would be Wendy's, Steak N Shake, Subway, and my kitchen... You're thinking, 'No way. A cooler crowd than those four hoppin', trendy locales?' I know. It's pretty incredible, but true.
I'm shopping around for post-graduation celebratory eating places for the family. Another restaurant was actually on the bill for this evening, but plans change and I am flexible about that. All this rambling is to say that Sycamore on Broadway in Columbia is a must-try kind of place. Not for the quicky meal, mind you. But for the 'I'm going to enjoy this food and this atmosphere with my friends/family/significant other' kind of meal. It seemed pretty popular (good food tends to do that to a place). By the time my friend and I had left, the place was getting packed, but not uncomfortably so. If you've not been there before: do try!
http://sycamorerestaurant.com/
And if you happen to have a favorite sit-down kind of nice restaurant in Columbia that is your go-to place and you'd like to share, puh-lease leave a comment. I've coerced a co-worker or two into trying some places with me after work sometimes, and we have a list of places to try, but there's room for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment