I was offered and accepted a job this morning! It will pay enough for me to commute to it! And I'll get benefits again. And vacation time. And paid holidays. And all that grown-up stuff that I actually enjoy. Maybe I can buy cable tv again? Or get my own internet? Perhaps I can even invest in a car that has better gas mileage? Oh, the possibilities. Success. Is. Miiiiine.
It's still at the same place that I do my civil war grant work, but I'll be finishing that grant and the full-time job is on a national newspaper digitization grant with the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities will go for another two years. So, it's another two years in Central Missouri, another two years in my house (which is what I needed to do to not have to pay back my city 5 thousand dollars), and learning new skills + more money, vacation time, and benefits than I ever got working for the state. And also, my co-workers are awesome. All in all, this is good. I was looking forward to moving away and starting over someplace else, but not sure about the house situation and everything. Now I can take my time and hopefully, by 2014, the housing issues will be in a better place and so will jobs! So, it's allll good. Central Missouri, you just love me too much to lose me, I guess. But, I will be taking my beach vacations...
Here's my new project: http://www.loc.gov/ndnp/

You got a job in town? Really really?? Eeeeeee!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes! For two years, at least! We have many Como lunches ahead of us, my friend.
ReplyDelete