Friday, September 30, 2011

Why would you smuggle a little yorkie dog into a gym locker room?

Spending friday night writing a paper for class is so lame. And really tough to do, actually. I'm having trouble focusing on coming up with 1500 words for library governance and how to get a president of a university to understand how I, as a fictional library director, measures the success of  my library. Apparently just writing "I would say to the president: "Budget cuts shmudget cuts! Libraries rule and I won't cut anything!" would earn me a failing grade on the paper.

Boo. to. that.

I was thinking about making a little map about Michael Caine's various theatrical characters and how they connect to others last night after someone told me that when you say " my cocaine", you're staying his name in his voice. I'm not sure I can textually map this out the way my mind is thinking about it, but I'll give it a go:

Caine plays Batman's butler. He also plays an illegal abortion-performing doctor in Maine in Cider House Rules. Tobey McGuire is his pupil in CHR. Tobey plays Spiderman. So, we have Batman's butler teaching Spidey how to perform illegal abortions. Yes? You could probably do six degrees of Michael Caine. He's been in oodles of movies. He was the original Alfie. Miss Congeniality. A Muppet's Christmas Carol. Inception. I like him better than Kevin Bacon anyhow.

Ugh. I am making approximately zero progress on this paper. I have an intro. Sort of. I have movies to watch from the library. I was working out earlier at the gym and considering taking my book to read for class next week. I chose to read some classics that were on the book list for next week. So, I'm reading "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and "Charlotte's Web". I considered taking CW to the gym and reading it while I was cross-training, but I have a hard enough time staying focused on the machine as it is. But, when I went back to the locker room after I was done, there was a girl in there just sitting on the bench, texting on her phone with a yorkie dog on her lap. Just chillin'. I was like, 'Uh, cute dog.' But I was really thinking, 'What the hell are you doing with a yorkie in the women's locker room at the rec center? Nobody's gonna believe that's a seeing eye dog if they see you texting like this.' Frankly, I don't know of any seeing eye yorkies at all, but whatever. Maybe they're smarter than they appear. Maybe they could do the job. Far be it from me to cast aspersions on dogs, but those pocket dogs aren't usually service-oriented dogs. Unless the service is to make the chick carrying it around in her purse somehow feel cuter. I think people look worlds more awesome when they hang out with a great dane rather than a yorkie. But that's just me. It was a well behaved little yorkie, though. I do wonder exactly how the girl smuggled it in. And most of all: why did she smuggle it in? That's just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment