Arkheologiia sssr svod arkheologcheskikh istochikov.
Yessss.
Other fun things:
- Tonight is the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory. A full one hour! I'm wearing my 'Bazinga!' shirt in honor of the occasion. Plus, I've decided to go to Ingredient for lunch, which is not a new place around campus, but new to me. A co-worker and I went last week and I loved it. Yum.
- I got my hair done last night. This always perks me up. Something about having your hair done makes you feel nice, right? Or it does for me.
- I saw the movie "Practical Magic" over the weekend. It started to get me into the Halloween mood. I kind of want to do a Halloween/Fall movie night. I was discussing this last night and we could do "Practical Magic", "Hocus Pocus", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!", etc.
- Corn mazes and pumpkin patches are opening all over the area!
I've been feeling so good, I even re-joined the social networking world of Facebook (again x 4? I forget how many times I've left and returned. You need breaks from that site, like whoa.). But, I think that perhaps you reach a point where you have deleted yourself enough times and have to re-request connections, people get annoyed. I think I've probably reached that point with many a folk on that site. I admit to being a little high-maintenance on that website. I've been [happily] surprised at the forgiving nature of most people on there where fickleness of their virtual friends comes in. Others? Not so much, but I can understand it. I think people are a) super sensitive about Facebook and when they get a friend re-request from someone that they thought they were already friends with, sometimes they get upset/confused at the thought that this person un-friended them at some point and b) some people just take it very personally when this happens and maybe they just feel like they don't want to re-friend that person again, either as a 'punishment' or just to make them feel better about having the power to deny that online connection? Sort of a 'You un-friended me? Hell no, I won't be friends again. Take that!' Facebook is rife with power trips and I have run head-long into a couple of them this time around, I'm afraid. I would like to mention though that I have never un-friended anyone out of malice. In general, all the times I have un-friended folks and/or left the site are because of decisions I made regarding things outside of the website (i.e. I decide to use it for family only; I decide to not have co-workers on it because I see co-workers 40 hours each week and reading their statuses on facebook is redundant; I want off the site because the website itself is out of control; I want to have actual in-person friendships/hangouts/conversations and think that virtual social networking take that away, etc.) I think that my issues with that site won't go away and I can't say with any certainty that I won't leave again someday. I probably will. I'm trying not to take things personally on my end, because I do understand the annoyance/confusion/hurt feelings factor of having a fickle person virtually connected to you on a popular website and possibly having to have respond to friend requests from them multiple times now, especially if you are of the sensitive sort and are easily offended by something like this or do tend to immediately assume they un-friended you out of anger/malice, etc. I get it and not being connected to me on a site like Facebook is obviously the easiest way to avoid that sort of confusion. Not a problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment