Galajsdfaldakmngoiweaflkfas.
That's the best way I can come up with to try to explain how I feel and how I've felt this entire year. Things are going by so quickly and I feel so busy. All. the. time. It's not bad, it's just confusing some times and exhausting almost all the time. I like having things to do. I like being busy. But this morning, I was just lying in bed trying to wake up and suddenly felt like I could really use a break from the galkasdafklajke of this year.
School is good. People are healthy. Work is fine and promising to stay that way for a while. It's just been a whirlwind. As a clear indication of how overwhelmingly busy I've felt, I still have my Christmas tree up in my dining room...yes, from last Christmas. I looked at it last night, lounging against the dining room table, where it's been lounging for over half a year now, and I thought, "Well, I could just decorate it again and at least be actually ahead of schedule for something this year?"
I didn't decorate it....yet.
Also, turns out I have class this Saturday. I thought it was next Saturday, but it makes no difference. I am not surprised in the least when I nearly miss a deadline or am corrected on the date/time of something I'm supposed to be a part of. I'm just running in circles. I knew it would be crazy. This month especially. I've known all year that October will be crazy. I feel prepared for the craziness of this month, but not really for the overwhelmingly busy feeling of all the rest of the months leading up to this one.
So, lying in bed this morning I made myself a promise that I hope I can stick to. I have comprehensive exam week in a couple of weeks (the main reason this month will be crazy) and I decided that, although the exams themselves seem to me to be not that tough (deceptively so?), I will take a break that week. I can cry off from class that week. I've decided that I will stick with practicum because I don't want to fall behind on that, but I think I'll cry off of much of my working schedule that week as well. I will need the time to actually do the exams, but also, I just want a little break. I want to not drive an hour and a half every day, I want to make myself lunch at home, I want to just hang out by myself and chill a little. Maybe after this month is over, things will slow down just a little bit. Or I'll get a handle on things again. It's been a while since I felt actually in control of anything that I'm doing. I would welcome that feeling again, just for a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment