Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stay with me, we were never meant to be apart.

Okay, this is my new favorite music video. I don't think I've ever felt emotionally attached to a crash test dummy until this video. This song is Turntable Kitchen's record single for this month. I'm really just a Turntable Kitchen stalker, not a subscriber (yet), so I had to check out the song on Youtube instead of getting a copy in the mail. So, I watched it, and then I watched it over again...and then again. Lovely.





Also, my handy homemaker side emerged yesterday and I tackled a project I was planning to do this summer, which was to sand down the floor in my sun porch and then paint it bright white to match the trim and back door in the room. I grabbed the domestic bull by the horns, so you might say, and did it last night! It looks so bright and cheery now! I love it. It was a very dark wood floor and now it's bright white and with the sun coming in all the windows, it's really a fantastic space now. I have some final touchup painting to do tonight and then I'll be ready to start figuring out what I want to use the porch for now. I think I want a small, but bright and cheery rug in there. Maybe some flowers (probably fake ones...)?

I bought a gallon of the white paint and have used hardly any of it, so I'll probably be on the lookout for other things to paint. I have two bookcases in mind for a paint job... Maybe more. Beatrix ran through the painted floor last night and got paint all on her paws and was completely miffed by the entire experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment