I like a few things about Spring rains: 1) It makes my irises bloom (yay!) and 2) I can splash around in puddles in my rain boots. Campus has terrible drainage, so rain boots are practically a necessity if you want to walk anywhere outside when it's even lightly raining, let alone a deluge like we had today.
What I don't like about Spring rains aside from the severe weather is drivers in Spring rains. Rain boots do not protect you from reckless drivers who speed down the street and hit giant puddles near the curb, totally drenching you and your friends who are walking on the sidewalk on their way to a birthday lunch. We're not talking a little splash, we're talking a wave. And we weren't even walking near the street side of the sidewalk, we were hugging the building to stay below the awnings and out of the rain. Then *Whoosh* and AHHHHHHHH! (except that's three high pitched girl shrieks and fist-shaking at the speeding car). The only way we'd have escaped the drenching we received was if we'd all been donning fishing waders.
Still, for today, my shoes were those pictured above and I'm very happy to see my iris blooming.
No comments:
Post a Comment