Last weekend Beatrix got some new toys that are like nerf balls and each night we spend about 15-20 minutes playing. Or, rather, I do. She enjoys having a playmate for a bit every night. This is my attempt to be more interactive with her because she's alone most of the time and she's a very social cat. I'm feeling kind of guilty about not giving her all the attention she kind of needs right now. I am seriously considering getting another cat so that Bea won't be alone all the time. I think she'd be happier with a feline friend. But I'm not quite at the point where I'm ready to get a second cat right now. So, here I am throwing a nerf ball around the house to entertain Beatrix Potter each night.
I'm actually in the middle of playtime right now. Blog a little, throw the ball around/entertain the cat. It's a delicate balance. I do think my hand-eye coordination is getting a good boost from this. It's been a while since I've played catch.
I got my hair cut this week and my hair is officially out of the pixie stage. Totally gone. It's kind of cool to have long(ish) hair again. It's been about four years or so since my hair has been longer than a pixie cut and I had forgotten a lot of things about longer hair. A) I have a lot of hair. B) It takes a long time to blow dry long(ish) hair. C) My hair is wavy. C is a real surprise because I don't remember any wave to my hair. At all. I even went back to pictures from when my hair was long and it was straight. I remember using a flat iron on it, but that was mainly to just squish the thickness down a bit, not to actually flatten any waviness. So, anyway, that's new. Hello, waves. Speaking of outer appearances: I woke up the other day with a scratch on the back of my left hand and I have no idea where it came from. Don't you hate that? When you notice clear indications that you've somehow injured yourself but you have no recollection of how you might have received that cut or bruise?
Tomorrow is Missouri's National History Day. My office hosts the statewide contest. We're all reporting for duty at random points in the day tomorrow. I was not silly enough to sign up for anything that required me to show up before two in the afternoon. Mornings are not my strong suit and certainly not a Saturday morning. I'm mostly just background noise tomorrow. No judging or anything. I have been a judge in previous years both in Missouri and in Texas. It's okay, but I'm happy as background noise this year. I am always impressed by the students and the awesome work that they do on their projects, though. It's a really great program. None of my history teachers ever participated when I was in school, but I wish they had. I would have enjoyed it.
The radio is currently playing a non-stop 30 minute music block of complete suckage. Not a single good song has been played yet. I tried to get Spotify to work on this computer but it refuses to play any music for some reason. Boo. I think I'm going to give in pretty soon and go see the "Hunger Games" movie. Probably when it gets to a cheaper movie theater than the ones it's currently playing in. I haven't read the books, and I want to, but I think I'd just like to see the movie. I've heard really good things about it. Also, it's been eons since I've been to see a movie in a theater. I think last summer was the last time I was in a movie theater. I watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" this week in the evenings. I finished it earlier tonight. After the trivia night last weekend I decided I wanted to see the musical again. I just love it so much. Great dancing, good use of color, catchy tunes, interesting story...what's not to like? The barn dance scene is my favorite, and I think one of the best choreographed dances in any musical, ever. The brothers (ones in the colors) learned to dance, like, 5 minutes prior to this scene. They picked it up real well:
No comments:
Post a Comment