Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 22: Doors & windows.

I loved today's challenge. There are a lot of pictures for today because it's a Sunday, which meant I had the time to spend taking pictures of doors and windows in downtown JC. I love downtown because it's full of interesting buildings and some of them need work, it's true, but the majority of the buildings have a lot of character and already are incredibly beautiful. If someone took the time (and money) to fix them up, the entire area would be super amazing. Looky here:

The owners of this house in my neighborhood spent a long time re-doing this front entrance. It used be an all pink house instead of yellow and the front staircase was just stairs. They cut a hole in it for the fountain and added the tiles. They did a really awesome job. It's one of my favorite houses in the neighborhood now.

This is a building attached to the old shoe factory (see below). I like the old worn out look of the doors. I really like how this picture turned out.

These are some windows in an old apartment building in downtown JC. Very pretty.

The old shoe factory that's been vacant for a long time. The windows have recently been replaced and I've thought for a long time now that this would be a great place for lofts. With all the money put into re-doing the windows, maybe someone is renovating it for loft space now?

I had to add this one because (aside from my wonderful lil home, of course) this is my favorite house in town. It's on a semi-busy corner near the library. If I had the money and the time, if I needed a larger house, and if it were for sale, this is the house I'd buy. I'm sure it's cut up into apartments inside, but the bottom two windows still have the wooden indoor shutters! And the whole house has a really nice Italianate style to it. Somebody could do wonders with this house. Maybe someday I'll be that somebody?

No comments:

Post a Comment