So, I'm not a runner. Not at all. I'm not besties with a treadmill. I'm not into running around in circles. I dislike running on streets. All in all, it's not my cuppa tea.
And then I found out about THIS:
The Color Run. It's a 5K where for each kilometer you do, you get this colored powder thrown on you. It's basically a 5k mixed with the Hindu Holi festival. Very very cool! A different color for each of the Ks, so by the end you're quite covered. You have to wear a white shirt to start so that you can be fully colorific by the end. I think this is pretty awesome. Plus, you can always walk these sorts of events, but I think it would be fun to run through falling color. And after it's over, you get to party with all the other powdered people.
I love the idea! Thumbs up to these folks for making running sound like fun. The KC Color Runs are the closest ones to me and both are already sold out. But they're doing them June 30 and July 1, which is basically heat stroke weather in the midwest. Kind of kills the fun if you keel over. But, it would be super fun to go on a road trip that included something like this. They're doing one in Austin next February. Austin would be a fun place to take part in something like this, plus it might not be sweltering at that point of the year down there.
Cheers for the coordinators of this sort of event. More of this sort of thing in our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment