I actually sewed something. A circle skirt. A beautiful dark green corduroy gathered circle skirt that's perfect to wear for the holiday season. I was so looking forward to wearing it.
However, it's large enough for an elephant. Really.
The yoke part of the pattern didn't work because I was having trouble with the lining and gathering the fabric and it just wasn't going through the sewing machine. "Never fear!", I thought to myself, "I know how to make elastic waistbands." So, I thought I'd just do that instead of the fitted yoke with the belief that the elastic would scrunch the fabric up enough to fit me. No so, blogger reader. Not. So. I really do think it would fit a large hippo or a small elephant.
I'm contemplating sending it to the zoo as a Christmas gift for the new baby elephant, Kenzi. She'd look awfully cute in a dark green corduroy skirt...
Hmm. What sewing idea shall I ruin next?

No comments:
Post a Comment