Thursday, December 8, 2011

Live, you don't have to look back, but if you ever do, you know where I'm at.

So, Albert Pujols is moving to LA to play for the Angels. I'm glad it's an American League team and we won't have to play him all that often. I like the Angels. I like all the California teams. Well, I like them all plus I feel really sorry for the Dodgers. I'm not sure what will happen to that team. But, back to Albert: I think this is a pretty cushy job. He can be a DH on that team and in that way, they might get 10 years out of him. Maybe. If he doesn't have to play first base and bat in the same game? I think it works out well for him. The Cardinals couldn't have afforded to keep him for that long because he would have to play defense and it would have been a sad sight to see him get traded or something. I think I prefer to see him leave like this. He and LaRussa together. After Pujols is done with baseball, I hope he returns to St. Louis. I like to think he would come back to us.

I got an e-mail request to complete a survey from MU regarding my post-graduation plans. It was multiple choice. Under the question of post-graduation plans, the given choices were:

Do volunteer work.
Start a family.

That was it. Two possible answers. What the hell? What about 'Work Full-time', 'Travel', 'Take Up New Hobbies'? Or 'None of the above', at the very least? I had to scroll to the top and make sure this was actually MU's survey and not Baylor's.

I finally saw Mizzou play basketball on Tuesday night. I was in class at a pizza place and they had the game on TV. MU vs. Villanova in NYC. It was good. I hadn't had a chance to catch any of MU's bball games this season. I plan to go to at least one in the coming weeks, and I knew they were doing really well, but it was fun to get to see them in action. They look fantastic. So far, so good, boys! Basketball is definitely my favorite collegiate sport.

I'm on the lookout for a graduation outfit. I'm not sure if I really want to buy a dress for it. I have several dresses that I could probably make some sort of funky winterish celebratory outfit out of. I might have one of those fashion show evenings tonight. You know what I mean? Where you basically pull everything out of your closet and try as many things on to come up with different combos and see what looks hideous and what turns out to look totally awesome? I'm hoping to lean toward more of the 'totes awesome' side.

No comments:

Post a Comment