Gah. After attempting to be a prepared and responsible student for my last semester of school (possibly EVER!!!11!!) I have been led astray. I have a history of not buying my textbooks until after the semester begins. I held fast to this in undergrad because I often would drop a class after the first day or so... This kind of stuck into my graduate work, and here I am, 5 years later, attempting for the first time to buy my textbooks pre-semester and not sit there sheepishly while the teacher tries to discuss something in a book that it still being shipped to my address. So, I did it. Last week, I bought my books for my classes. Two for one. One for another. Zero for the third. Last night I received the last of the three books stuffed in my mailbox. This morning, I check my e-mail and see that the program has canceled one of my classes due to low enrollment. The one that required two books. One of those two books is a newly-published-only-in-hardback-and-super-expensive book. I hung my head and moaned at my desk until the feeling of disappointment passed.
What I have learned: it does not pay to attempt to change your ways for the last semester of school. You just keep up with your lackadaisical textbook buying, because otherwise, you end up wasting money and sitting, disappointed, in front of your computer screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment