Monday, August 22, 2011

Singing hey mama, don't want no drama.

Happy first day of school!

I've been in a really happy mood for days. Despite the roof and the car, etc., life feels pretty happy. Partly it's the knowledge that I'm graduating this semester and this is my last first day of school. The other part is just listening to Mat Kearney's album over and over. Two of his songs get me up and dancing every. single. time. And any living thing near me is my immediate dance partner. The cats have been a little less than enthusiastic about this. Watson was hilarious. He was settled in watching the front yard at my Dad's house and the next thing he knows he's being carried/danced with through the living room to the youtube version of one of the songs. Dad came and rescued him pretty quickly, but it was fun while it lasted. Iris enjoys being part of a dance party, but it has to be on her own terms. She's not fond of being picked up, so we just dance in circles around the house. Lots of dancing over the last couple of days up in this mug!

It's blaring right now, but it's a mellower song than my two sure-fire dance songs. I'm sure the neighbors could hear the bass if they were out in their yards. I don't feel too bad about that since I am regularly a listener of a local garage band's rehearsals, even when my windows are closed.

So, I shared the one dance-y song in the previous blog post, but here's the other sure-fire upbeat dance song from his album. I hate to be such a plug-ger, but you know? It's good, catchy stuff and you should dance and be happy! So grab the nearest living thing and flail around the house for a while. It'll do ya good.



No comments:

Post a Comment