I am in desperate need of a vacation. To a beach. I blame this need on books. All summer I've been caught up in reading the books of Karen White and she writes all of her stories set on the coastal areas of the Carolinas or Georgia. And the main characters all live right by the beach. And all summer I've read these stories one after the other and all I want to do now is go to the beach. Sigh. I think I can almost hear the gulls.
But, I have no beach vacation in my future. In a month I'll get a mini vacation to Pennsylvania, which should be lovely and pretty and I'm soooo looking forward to getting away from here for a little bit. But, still. Right now all I want is a beach and a book and a glass of lemonade and a day of nothing but sitting there and enjoying it all.
I think this is the first summer in my life that I haven't gone on a vacation. It is pure torture. I haven't left Missouri in a year. This time last year I was on my way to New Mexico. That's the last time I've been anywhere outside of Missouri, and really anywhere for any real length of time. A couple of days here and there doesn't a vacation make. Even if it gets you away from home, it still takes a little longer than two or three days to really feel like you're away from everything.
Come on, time. Fly by. Jill needs a real vacation.
You're going to Machu Pichu, right? There was a guy on the Daily Show last night who wrote a book about it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, there's a lot about it right now it seems. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the "discovery" of it, nevermind that people were living all over it when it was "discovered" by the American guy.
ReplyDelete