Friday, August 26, 2011

Plan B for my late afternoon.

This blog entry honors the first week of school finished. The plan at this time was to be paying attention/participating in a Comprehensive Exam web meeting with some of the faculty in my program. That plan went out the window when the software wouldn't load on my computer. So here I sit (not lonely and brokenhearted) without a web meeting. I love how I'm in the Information Technology school and NOTHING ever works for us. They use us as guinea pigs for learning technologies and it always fails somehow. You can take that to the bank if the bank would give money for sure bets like that.

Since I am now in my weekend mode with very little to do at the moment. Hows about I do something fun? Like live blog a song? Yeah! I live blogged an episode of Sesame Street to my Twitter friends once a couple of years ago when I was home sick (later to discover that the sickness was being caused by carbon monoxide poisoning from my furnace. To think I could have died with Elmo's terribly high voice as the last thing I heard? I still shudder.)

But no. No live blogging of tv shows because that was exhausting...and kind of obnoxious. But a song is good. What song should we do? Hmm. I will let the gods of Windows Media Player randomly choose the song. Here goes [random choosin' tune]:

And the lucky song is "Start Me Up" Rolling Stones

0:00 Well known guitar riff blares through the too-loud tinny computer speakers.
0:16 "Yiiif ya start me yup; Yiiif ya start me yup, I'll never staawp." x2
0:35 I'm generally just humming, head-bopping, and waiting for the chorus at this point. Don't really know the words here.
0:48 Everybody sing! "You make a grown man cryyyyyy" x3
0:50 We've got some hand-clapping to the beat going on in the background.
1:00 More mumbling that I don't understand. They're lucky the beat to this song is so good.
1:08 Stop clapping.
1:12 "Gotta start it uhhhhhhp" You have to sing 'Up' in a wheezing sort of way.
1:28 The electric guitar is getting antsy in the wings. I think it wants a solo.
1:38 Everybody, one more time! "Don't make a grown man cryyyyyy" x3
1:41 We're clapping again.
1:50 Again with the mumbling and I don't know the lyrics.
2:03 Wheeze 'Uhhhhhhp" once more.
2:16 More heavy duty clapping with some squeals thrown in.
2:23 "You make a grown man cryyyyy"
2:26 "Don't make a grown man cryyyyy"
2:30 "You make a grown man cryyyy"
2:42 A cymbal has taken the place of the incessant hand clapping. I would bet their hands got itchy. Mine always do if I have to clap for a long time.
3:02 The electric guitar is whining for a chance to do a solo bit.
3:05 The door is slammed in the electric guitar's metaphorical face by a loud "Yoooouuu"
3:07 Yay, more hand clapping!
3:20 The electric guitar is not going down without a fight...
3:25 ...So, they must fade out. The electric guitar must wait for another song to show its talent solo-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment