Monday, August 29, 2011

Over-due photo post!

It's been a while since I've actually shared images of what I've been doing lately, eh? In this case, I must use 'lately' pretty loosely because one of the pictures I found in the depths of my camera is from blizzard season earlier this year. But, none of the pictures are pre-2011, so that's good. I was rummaging through pictures on the computer and uploading things from my camera while listening to the stereo and eating overly-ripe grapes (boo hoo on the grapes, btw. I had a bushel of super amazingly delicious grapes a couple of weeks ago from my nearest grocery store. I hadn't made it back to that store, but did happen into a slightly further away store over the weekend and decided to get some grapes there. They're just not as good.)

ANYWAY. I decided I needed a spot to put the pictures I've plumbed from the backwater of the computer. And where does all the crap I find tend to go? Yes, you're so right! It goes here. (I uploaded the smallest versions I could in the hopes that this wouldn't go on forever and ever on the page.)
This is one of my neighbors' dog. Isn't he just the cutest thing? He didn't like to sit in the snow (understandably), so he spent all winter sitting on the cleared steps from the alley when he was let out. I couldn't help but look out now and again and go, 'Aw!'


The end of summer. This is pretty, but mostly when I see this picture, I see how super beautiful it'll be in a month or so when Fall arrives and all those trees turn colors. I know Fall is coming because the geese are heading out already. One just flew over honking right now like it knew I was thinking about it.


Let's face it: if you build a baseball field in your cornfield, I don't know if Shoeless Joe Jackson will show up and play baseball with you, but I will. (I understand your disappointment, but beggars really can't be choosers.)


Look! It's a vulture/buzzard! Not a turkey, as I initially thought. I was all, 'Oh! Look at the turkey up on the stump!!' and then was corrected.


Possibly one of the coolest houses 'round these parts? With a lot of money and time and help, I think I could turn this into my dream house.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the house on The Notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, right?! It's on some back road around Hartsburg. It does kind of look like The Notebook house with the front porch like that. It's not on water (boo), just surrounded by woods. I think the water made The Notebook house extra special.

    ReplyDelete