I mean...Huh? It's less than twenty miles from where I grew up, I have a bachelor's degree in history, and it's taken me twenty-six years to see this place?!
Yes, Mister Churchill, I know. I'm very sorry.At any rate, I highly recommend it. Westminster has a really great campus.
church down after so many years looking at it all bombed out without a roof and moss growing inside it. In the end, England literally shipped the church (7,000 stones, pews, organ, etc.) to Fulton and they re-built the church on the campus in pre-incendiary bomb fashion. So, as you would expect, it's the only Sir Christopher Wren designed church in America. It's got the little cushions in the little pews that say 'City of London' and a really cool organ. I was wandering all over the church and going up to the loft. The whole place was pretty empty, but especially the church. Nobody was there but little ol' me.Then, outside of the church, there's the art installation made of 8 segments of the Berlin Wall.
As a history buff, I was totally blown away by the entire thing. It's kind of a mish-mash of European historical events all pulled together into a real-life collage right there on this one little plaza in Westminster's campus. It was all pretty cool and I was way more impressed by the entire experience than I expected. More pictures of it all here.I guess, other than that fun experience, life has been pretty ordinary lately. Spring Break approaches, which means that mid-terms are upon me, but not so bad at all. Everything is kind of spaced such that I've had no problems juggling everything. I am not so hot at discussion board postings, though. It's just not my style. It's not difficult to do, but it's always kind of a hassle. I don't feel like I learn anything from it and it honestly just seems like a lame way of skipping out on teaching a class. I know electronic courses have to have something to try to force participation from students, but I wish there was another way. I don't really think mandatory posting on a discussion board is all that beneficial to anybody. I did get my courses finalized for summer and next fall. My last two semesters. This time next year I'll be a SISLT student no more. I'll probably be unemployed and panicking, actually, but I won't have schoolwork to do.
I don't remember if I ever mentioned that I am cat-sitting at the moment? Have been for a week now. I have Iris as usual, but I'm watching my dad's cat, Watson, while Dad is traipsing around New Mexico. Watson has never really been a fantastic house guest. He's puked on my bed. He's panicked and hidden where I can't find him. He's screamed and whined all night long and kept me awake. He's just generally not happy away from home. But this time has been completely different. He's been a perfect little angel. I'm so proud of him. He and Iris have had their tiffs, and he's found a dark corner in a closet that he enjoys sleeping in. But he greets me when I come home. He makes sure he and Iris are fed on more of a routine than is usually the case where I am concerned. (It's kind of a willy-nilly household I run here.) And he's just been a doll. He's going to be happy to have Dad back, I think, but he's handled this better than he's ever handled this situation before. Huzzah for Watson.
No comments:
Post a Comment