Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday musings.

Seems like things in Japan just keep getting more and more surreal. First the initial earthquake, then the tsunami, then the nuclear meltdowns, now the reports of the tide of thousands of bodies washing on shore? It's like some crazy apocalyptic novel.

I've had this picture on my computer for a while (found on flickr somewhere. Sorry, didn't keep the link). I think there is something very truthful about it. The expected outcome is that we will all live to be old and die peacefully in our sleep or something. But how often does that really happen? More often, people die too young or in violent ways. I keep this image on my desktop because I think it's kind of a nice tribute to the people that we lose along the way and a good reminder of how short a time we have. By looking at every day as a privilege, you can change your entire outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment