Friday, March 11, 2011

Go on, go on, go on.

I have a fully functional record playing system now! This is really exciting. It's a cobbled together system made up of my dad's old record player (currently back in working condition!) and a re-vamped old receiver that I got from a local record store a couple of weeks ago. Plus two new bookcase speakers from Radio Shack. All corded together and plugged in = amazingness for much less moolah than buying ready made system. Also, I have 2 cords to plug it into the computer to play through a free program that will record/transfer the songs into whatever other format I want. So, for not much dough, I've managed to piece together a working record player that can also record to digital format and the best radio I've ever had. Yes, it's fantastic.

I ransacked my parents' collection of records in my dad's basement and found some that he's now lent me. I have a small collection of my own. Very small, really...almost non-existent...and predominately singles. Still, pretty glorious, if I do say so myself. All in all, I think I've found the perfect use for my spare bedroom. Guests shmests. I'm going to be hanging out in my guest room far more than I ever have in the past. A little tidbit about my home/this new sound system: I get horrible radio reception at my house, which has made me really only get one station in each room that I have a radio (so, I get soft rock in the office, country in the bathroom, and top 40s in my bedroom). The station I actually want to listen to, I can only get in my car. That's alllll changed, my friends. This receiver is amazing. It's crazy good, and I'll finally be able to listen to more than one station in one room including the station I actually want to hear! (pluggit: 102.3 BXR)


Here's another stone dropped off in its new random home among nature:

*Secret with this particular one: I wrote the same thing on the other side of the stone so when/if people come across it and turn it over, it'll still say the same thing on the other side. Loop! Clever stone.*

No comments:

Post a Comment