I have a really hard time fully grasping the fact that people really want to live like this. Sigh. Even just looking at it gives me the creeps. It wouldn't be so bad if you could assume that there were actual neighborhood things integrated into these 'burbs. But you know there aren't corner grocery stores or little delis or laundromats on the corners. I don't think this is worth it for a yard to mow and a garage. This isn't really the American dream anymore, I hope? And if it still is, I certainly don't share it.
Wouldn't you rather live in the middle of this? Where buildings fluctuate in height and design rather than the cookie cutter 'burbs? And you know there are things to see and do right down the street or you can walk places that you really want to go and museums and libraries and restaurants and theaters are all right there? Or maybe I'm just not at the right age to see the beauty in a suburb yet. I kind of hope I never reach that age.
Or we could all go live in Hungary. Talk about a different way of life. I do love that they all share a sidewalk though. How often does one kid push another in the water though? I guess you just learn to swim really early in life if you live here.The following has nothing to do with living or not living in certain areas or places, but I came across this picture and apparently if you zoom in far enough on Google Earth, we all go Dali! Especially bridges and overpasses! Cool, huh? I think Google is working on fixing the glitches, but it's kind of cool if they didn't. I rather like it like this (in images, anyway):
No comments:
Post a Comment