Thursday, March 17, 2011

Iris + Bruce Springsteen 4ever.

My cat, Iris, has a real fondness for Bruce Springsteen. It's odd, but goes back to when she was a baby. Even before she had her stroke and lost her sight and all of her health problems. She was a little baby kitten and there was music on a lot, but when Bruce Springsteen's "Radio Nowhere" would come on the cd player, she'd actually start running around and playing and getting really excited. And then when she got really sick and had so many health problems and barely moved at all, she would still perk up and walk around and generally be lively when Bruce Springsteen's songs would be on. It was really amazing. Still is, actually. I don't know what it is about his voice or the songs or what, but she's got a real fondness for his music. Now it's over four years later, and she's still hooked. That's why he's considered her favorite musician. She's got good taste, if I do say so myself.

When I got my record player system working, she was really freaked out by it at first and I thought that getting a Springsteen album would help her calm down. It arrived today. And this was the scene while I was playing it. She won't even lay this close to the player during any other record is playing. But, Bruce? She can't get close enough. And it didn't hurt, that apparently the record album cover smelled really interesting and she wanted to be near it. I was really glad to get this picture. My adorable little blind girl and her idol. This is her favorite St. Patrick's Day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment