Thursday, May 3, 2012

*whistle break*



An upbeat song for a happy Thursday! I saw a box turtle make it safely across the highway this morning on the way to work and I couldn't stop cheering the rest of the drive.

Additional posting, 12 hours after first posting:

Also, today is my birthday! It was a good day all around, beginning with the turtle making it across the highway.  Remember when you were little and family members or friends took pictures of you as the birthday boy or birthday girl? And then somewhere along the line, maybe that stopped happening? And so you might have photos of yourself from your first several birthdays in life, but then there's a gap? A few years ago I decided to try to make sure I get a picture of myself on each birthday I have. I have the one from last year, and one from the year before, but it's kind of hit-or-miss before that. I have pictures of me that I know where taken around my birthday, and so when I'm not entirely sure, I just count those.

But, here is my 28th birthday picture:

28th birthday!
The birthday was a nice one, not in the least because, for the first time in years, I am not studying for finals. I have no scary papers to write for any classes. I am under only one (work-related) deadline, and that's pretty sweet! Life is good, my blog friends. I hope your day was good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment