I'm anxious for my hair to grow longer so I can do fun updos. Patience, patience.
I'm watching "The Queen" right now. I found it at the MU library. I've started plumbing the depths of the library on my lunch breaks and right after work. It's easier than driving back home and heading over to the local library sometimes. I've seen most of the movies at my local library. Well, I've seen this movie before, but it's good. I like it. My holy trinity of actresses is Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, and Helen Mirren. I've seen most of all of their movies, I think. This particular copy of "The Queen" is practically unwatchable though due to all the halting and pixelation from overuse of the dvd. Oh, library copies. I might have to switch over to one of the others. I got "Rear Window" as well, which is the only Hitchcock movie I like. It's creepy, but not so creepy that I have nightmares. Jimmy Stewart is excellent in it, too. He might be in my holy trinity of actors if I made one up.
Speaking of the holy trinity, Judi Dench's new movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" is coming out this weekend! Whether it's boring or not, I'm excited to see it. Also this weekend, we have the Kentucky Derby! I was looking at the potential field of horses. Twenty are running again at the moment. It's too many. People complain that there'll never be another triple crown, but what do you expect when you pile in all of these horses? And most of them shouldn't even be running in the race. They're not running on their own merit, like they used to. They're in it purely because their owner(s) forked over the money to get a gate. Then, when the horse comes in dead last, they can turn around and put the horse out to stud for an exorbitant price by stating 'This horse ran in the Kentucky Derby.' I hope one day to see a triple crown winner. It would be cool. I don't think winning three high-caliber races in a row is impossible for horses nowadays, which is what some people say. Surely it can happen again. It will be quite a deal if it ever does.
Another event this weekend: my cousin's first birthday party. It's really my second cousin, I guess? My first cousin's baby... Anyway, I haven't seen him yet and now it's been a whole year since he was born. Although, honestly, infants are kind of boring if you're not the parents. Kids start to be fun when they can stand up and walk and make cute noises and smile and be overall more entertaining than when they're really little and all they do is eat, burp, poo, pee, sleep, and cry. He's going to be entering the fun phase now. Judging from his Christmas picture, he's a pretty big fella. He was already sitting up at Christmas and he was only about 7 months old. I don't know if that's advanced or not, but I was impressed. I'm hoping that now that he's 1, he'll be pretty active and all cute and stuff. And shove cake in his own face! Yay! Pictures to come I hope!
It's getting kind of warm around here. We had a lot of rain and now it's hot and muggy. I haven't given in to turning on the air conditioner, but my ceiling fans are going strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment