Hello Friday afternoon! I got a jump on the weekend today after working extra long earlier in the week. It's been nice. Relaxing. I have begun my thirty dollar clothing project in which I will not spend over $30 on any piece of clothing, pair of shoes, or accessory for a year. I'm going to keep my receipts so that a) I can keep myself honest and b) at the end of the 12 months, I hope to add up what I've bought and see how much the damage was. I have noticed that I tend to think a lot more about what I'm buying when I have a project like this. Kind of a double take, because everything I buy will probably be considered a bargain, so it cuts down on the impulse purchasing in the clearance aisle. Or, at least, that's my initial hypothesis.
(Hey! I don't think I've used the word 'hypothesis' since a high school science class! And never in terms of fashion! That's a thousand dollar word right there...ka-ching!)
I don't think the birds have yet figured out the birdbath scenario. They seem to be a little slow in this neck of the woods. I'm anxious to see them use it and am probably hovering too much at the window next to it. I'm not quite to the point of shouting 'HEY! BIRDY! GET IN THE BATH! SPLISH SPLASH?!?', but I'm probably not too far from that cliff. I have seen some robins getting nearer and nearer to it, so it might not be much longer before they're in it. I'll probably stop stalking them soon...ish.
If you're a St. Louis Cardinals fan, you probably already know about the team's tendency to dress up in wacky ways on road trips. This week they were in Los Angeles and all dressed up in tuxedos or various other fancy-pants outfits. The team shot is making its way 'round the web and it's pretty fun. They are a fun team. I'm not sure who the instigator of it all is, but I have a hunch it might be Lance Berkman, because I don't remember hearing much about these sorts of things until he came on board. They did a lot of this kind of thing last year, too.
I don't know if I'm a little late to the game or not when it comes to this band, but I've been hearing Of Monsters and Men on the radio the lately and I really like it. The song is "Little Talks" and it's pretty catchy, I think. If you like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, they sound a lot like that. It's nice driving music.
I've been trolling Dear Photograph lately. The book is finally out in stores. It's a really interesting site, I think. Everything is constantly changing, but some things really do stay exactly the same as they were when we were younger. And sometimes the photographs we have from those times can be relate-able entirely because some things don't change at all, like a certain building or a landmark of some sort. It's nice. It's a cool project. The ones about the pets are the ones that get me weepy. Sniffle.
I'm kind of in a rambling mood, blog-wise. Not much to mention, I guess. It's the lazy days of not-quite-summer. More to come after the weekend, perhaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment