Sunday, May 6, 2012

Let them eat cake...and strawberries.

 Good weekend has been had by all, I hope? It has been really nice around here. I made sure I took some pictures this weekend to try to document some of the happenings.

I was not disappointed in the baby birthday cake scenario. May I introduce you to my baby cousin, Mr. A. L. Bennett, on the occasion of his first birthday:

What is this?

I'm not going to get in trouble for this? Mom?!?

Getting cheered on by Grandma, Mr. Bennett digs in with gusto.
He had a blast and then fell asleep shortly thereafter. It was pretty warm today in the park we were in, even though we were under a shelter. It was babies galore, with probably 5 or 6 little ones all under the age of 2, but nobody had a crying fit at all. No tears, no whining, nothing. I was amazed. They were all some unique St. Louis breed of cheerful, smiley babies.

Also, this weekend, there was some picking of strawberries at a nearby farm and the making of some fresh strawberry shortcake! Nom, nom, nom!

Fresh strawberries home from the field!

Strawberry shortcake after the Kentucky Derby. Yuuuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment