I'm sleepy but also not quite ready to go to sleep yet. The internet is not that interesting. The book I'm supposed to be reading for the Missouri State Book Review Board can't even hold my interest enough to get through the first five pages...and I have to finish it and write a review for it. Not a good sign that I can't even get through the first chapter.
I messed my whole schedule up for the next three weeks. I don't really know what I was thinking. Maybe it will work out better this way, though. I got the days I'm supposed to work/work/practicum mixed up because someone had a conflict and needed me to alter my schedule. I screwed up the whole week's schedule by telling them I normally work that job on Tuesdays, which is completely wrong. I don't really even know what's going on around me. I'm a bit like a robot just making my commute, parking in the garage, walking to a building, working, walking to lunch, walking to another building, working, walking to the other side of the same building, working, walking back to the garage, driving the return commute, eat dinner, read books, go to sleep, replay. I have such a set schedule and no time for anything but that schedule that I don't even think about it any longer. But when someone needs me to change something, I actually don't have a true idea of what it is I'm doing on any given day any more. I'm just on autopilot. And when forced to come out of autopilot today, my entire system failed and I have managed to screw up the schedule for a few weeks. But maybe that's okay. Next week was going to be messed up anyhow, so a little more screwing with it isn't really going to make it worse.
Iris is cuddly tonight. There were a few claps of thunder earlier and some decent bolts of lightning and she started roaming around the living room doing her high pitched crying like she was worried. So she was pulled up on the couch and is in a little ball sleeping next to me now. The rain is gone, though. But she's definitely a cuddler.
I kind of want things to go by faster. I'm ready for school to be done, but the year's been going by so fast anyway, that I'm also kind of wishing it would slow down a little too. Maybe I would get a handle on things better. Life isn't really boring right now, but it kind of is what with being really busy but busy doing the same things over and over and over every week. No real variety right now. Halloween is in a couple of weeks though. I can't decide whether to buy candy for trick or treaters or not. The doorbell scares the hell out of Iris and it's not really worth the hour and a half of trying to pull the cat from her hiding place to calm her down for just a handful of trick or treaters. Also, I don't get the cute little kids who go as little ninjas or princesses. I get the hoardes of teenage boys that just wear a Star Wars shirt and call it a costume. Lame and unimaginative. I'll keep the sour patch kids candy to myself, thankyouverymuch.
The Cards are in the World Series. Last night was a crazy homerun fest. I don't have anything against Milwaukee. I've been to see them play in Wisconsin before. It wasn't very exciting. Milwaukee as a town wasn't all that impressive. Kind of grungy and sad, actually. St. Louis definitely has the upper hand in the cool town category. Somebody's gotta lose. Brewers fans have less to complain about than Phillies fans, in my opinion. And everyone should be happier than Braves fans. Cardinals fans can be kind of brutal to other teams. Generally they will pick on a player who makes the mistake of opening their mouth to a journalist and letting something stupid come out and it goes through the web like a virus and Redbird Nation gets all up in arms about what some young kid you'd never pay any attention to otherwise said about Albert Pujols or the Cardinals in general. The players and the fans are very loyal and very protective about the Cardinals. I am, too. I have a hard time imagining myself rooting for anybody but the Cards. Still, I don't get into the boo-ing of other teams. I did enjoy when Yadier Molina stood up to Brandon Phillips last season, but that got totally out of hand and we ended up the real losers in the whole mix after our back-up catcher's career was ended in the brawl. It's important to learn from things like that. That stuff can get out of hand really quickly and it's detrimental to your own team. This is all to say that I hope both teams and fans are respectful in the World Series and we don't have any players who start to make stupid remarks to create drama. It will be a tense enough situation without booing or fighting or name-calling. Let's play ball (starting Wednesday)!
No comments:
Post a Comment