Happy weekend, everybody. It doesn't necessarily feel like Fall, what with it being 80 degrees outside, but Fall it is and Fall stuff I did do this weekend. Pumpkin patches, mum buying, Autumny porch decorating, post-season baseball tracking, winery visiting, and family seeing were all on the agenda. Plus some homework doing and book reading.
And music discovering! Have you heard of Mayer Hawthorne? I was trolling Spotify and came across his new album and gave him a listen. He's a bit of a throwback artist. You don't hear many falsettos rocking the airwaves nowadays. He mixes it up though too, doing a song with Snoop Dogg on his latest album, "How Do You Do". I would put a youtube video on here, but I get tired of them being dumb and restrictive on which websites they allow things to play. I wish you could just share a song rather than having to share an entire freaking video. But, check out Mayer Hawthorne if you get a chance. Especially if you like modern musicians with a retro sound.
Also, I saw the movie "Coco Before Chanel" this weekend. I loved it. Audrey Tautou is wonderful in it (of course!) and I hadn't ever really learned much about Coco Chanel, but I think we could have been friends. I "get" her. I wouldn't have enjoyed wearing the frou-frou dresses and obnoxious hats that the french ladies in her day were wearing. And corsets? No. She's portrayed as a pretty awesome woman in her early years who was not afraid to strike out on her own and be a little different in her style choices. She was practical in her style, but still very unique and classic in her creations. I liked the movie a lot and I was thinking about it later and I wonder if she and Eva Peron ever met and if they were friends? You know how there's that conversation starter about which people would you invite to a dinner party? I would like to have dinner with Eva Peron and Coco Chanel.
This is my last weekend before comps begin and go through the rest of the month. I'm looking forward to them being over. Turn, turn, turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment