Monday, June 11, 2012

Swanky headbands, unite!

Another week is upon us, my friends. And with this week comes the monthly stack of coupons that mysteriously shows up on the break room's table at work. I don't know who brings them in, but it's usually a pretty giant stack. Another employee benefit, perhaps? Like, 'Thanks for working here. To show you our appreciation, please use this coupon to get $1.00 your next yogurt at Yo Yo Yums." No problemo, mysterious coupon giver. I actually found four coupons I wanted. All food related, of course. Yogurt, pizza, and baked goods, oh my. One thing I wish Columbia had was a decent Chinese food restaurant. They are sorely lacking in that area. Jefferson City might lack in many things, but awesome Chinese food is not one of them. I can think of at least three places off the top of my head that I think are waaaaay better than anything Columbia offers. After pondering this at work today, I had to get some car maintenance done this evening and got myself some good Chinese food. And a fortune cookie whose fortune read something like 'Be cautious of the bees with honey in their mouths because even they have stingers on their butts' or something like that. Maybe it was slightly more eloquent, but you get the gist. I threw it away.

Nerd alert on the topic of employee benefits!: I am SO stoked to be getting actual health care benefits with this new job. Super duper over the moon about it, really. This girl desperately needs to get herself to an eye doctor, stat. I've been wearing the same pair of contact lenses for three months now. Three. months. If you're not someone who wears disposable soft contact lenses, let me tell ya: three months with the same pair ain't so good. The online stores won't let me order more from the same prescription because it's too old, so I've been forced to wait it out until I get eye insurance again. I just can't wait to get the correct prescription for these peepers. I heart my glasses though, so if the lenses have to be changed, I'll be keeping the same frames.

Another nerd alert!: I got my June Birchbox this evening and it had this really awesome retro-esque headband in it from Modcloth. I looooove Modcloth, but with my 30 dollar budget thingy that I'm trying to stick to, there's very little in the way of clothing on that website that I can afford. So, getting this gem as an extra in my regular sample box was a really great surprise! Plus, they gave me a coupon to use for Modcloth this month. I don't know if I'll use it or not, but it's pretty sweet anyway. This headband is enough to make me happy for weeks and weeks! It's super simple. Just a wire encased in a bit of fabric, but it works perfectly and holds really well. I highly recommend one! Because it's Modcloth, it's not exactly value-priced. 14 buckeroos will get you this cute fabric encased wire, but the fabric is pretty awesome. And seriously, there will be no headaches with this headband. It's practically perfect in every way, just like Mary Poppins. It knows it's queen of the headbands, too:


No comments:

Post a Comment