Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rediscovered mix cd

I found some old (old old) mix cds in my car yesterday and decided to see what's on them. It was AWESOME. Songs I had forgotten that I'd loved were on there. Including this Our Lady Peace gem. Which now I've been singing for two days straight. I had never seen the video, but here it is:




My mix cds always make me feel good (probably everyone ends up with that feeling when they play an old audio mix). I just love it. And OLP was especially memory-inducing. I listen to the songs now and it's a very high-school mindset that I hear in the music. Probably why I really liked it. But they have awesome melodies. The lyrics might not always be the most gripping stuff, but they've got some nice turns of phrase in there sometimes. And as a teenager and college kid, I thought they were BRILLIANT.

Now I listen to it and can remember the girl working in Sears through high school and college folding towels in the home furnishings department and working the men's department helping grown men put together "fancy" outfits with dress shirts and ties. And how hard I tried to push the fashion envelope with some of them after judging that this particular fella might be more of a fashion risk-taker than his Levi overalls are saying. Maybe he would totally rock a mint green dress shirt with with that pretty blue striped tie that NOBODY buys. I was always striving to make the men who asked for my help to move away from the white dress shirt and into colors. Sometimes it worked. That girl was kind of cool in her own quiet way. And after hearing this song blare out of the stereo yesterday that department store girl surfaced again for a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment