Friday, July 15, 2011

Breaking out the 3-d glasses!

Checking out Harry Potter in 3-D tonight. I'm excited. I have a group that I generally go and see the Harry Potter movies with as soon as they come out. We've gone for the last three and I had read all the books and enjoyed the books but was never of the crazy Harry Potter fanatic sort. I've read all the books once a piece and I didn't pick them back up to re-read before seeing the movies, so it's all basically new to me when I see the movies. I can't debate the production of the movie and what was cut out or whether I liked how they did that scene or whatever. I just don't remember enough details about what I read to be able to do that. The books all blend together and I can't usually even remember the titles or the numerical order of the series. I just read it and liked it and actually just enjoy hanging out with this particular group on these premiere movie days. It's good. We've not seen any in 3-D before (I don't know if the others were available in 3-D?), and I've never seen a 3-D movie, so I'm kind of excited about it all. I went to my old workplace to get the ticket and my glasses from my friend who had ordered and picked them up. She and one of my other former co-worker friends ended up going last night and so the group will be down one because Dave isn't going to go tonight as originally planned since he saw it last night. Anyway, I think it will be a blast. It usually is and from what I've heard, this is a really really good movie. I thought the Harry Potter Part 1 of this book was the best movie, so I'm expecting to like the second half as well. Anyway, then Harry Potter will be done and I think that's good. He's run his course. It's time to let go.

I was asked earlier today what I planned to do after I graduate. I realized that I really have no idea. I mean, obviously try to find a grown-up job. But I no longer have a real answer as far as the type of job I hope to get. I used to be pretty set on museums, but working in one has kind of changed my mind on that. It's not that I don't like it at the museum, but it's just not the sort of workplace that I'd like to spend a bunch of years on end. It's slow and super quiet and very academic. I need something a little more rowdy and informal and unpredictable to keep my interest. In my opinion, the environment of the workplace is just as important as the job you're asked to do.

I've been doing surprisingly well with saving money. I do have willpower and can use it to keep myself in check when I need to. I had banned myself from going to Target earlier this summer because I couldn't go there and not buy something. Something that I don't need. So, I stayed away for a while and then recently I tried to go in and test myself. I didn't need anything. I just went in and looked around and left the store. Without purchasing a thing. And I didn't feel weird doing that. I get bored just sitting around places, so I like to wander around stores sometimes and just look at things, but the problem was that I couldn't seem to not buy stuff when I was doing that and that adds up pretty quickly. I've tested myself a few more times recently and have passed them all! I have tried it at Maude's yet. I think that would be really really difficult because I tend to do the 'treasure hunt' sort of shopping there and feel like I really can't pass something up because the finds are cheap and unique. That's really too much temptation. Luckily, it's been too hot for me to wander all over creation when I'm waiting for class to start. This helps the wallet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment