A while back when I was droning on and on about my hair and trying to grow it out and stuff, I think I shared a picture from a virtual makeover site that had red hair? And I said that I really liked it but that I didn't think that I could get that color because my hair would have to be bleached out or something? Well, my hair ignorance was apparently shining through as I went to get my hair cut on Friday and just randomly asked my buddy/hairstylist about it and she was all, "Yeah, you can have that color! We can do it today!". So, after three hours of hairdo-ing, I have bright red hair now. And I gotta say: I kind of love it. It's very very very red. Like, WOW, in the sunshine. But, it's pretty awesome because this is the perfect way for me to not get bored with growing my hair out. I won't get bored of it if it's an interesting color. It's got some places that my real dark hair color is kind of in it but it'll fade out and when I get it colored again next month, it should start to take hold a little better. So, huzzah for super red hair for the summer. If I had to explain it, it would be a cross between Rhianna and Florence Welch color-wise.


Speaking of Florence Welch, have you listened to Florence + The Machine's album all the way through? I was reading
Nylon yesterday (a great magazine if you're looking for an interesting one. Another good recommendation from my hairstylist) and it's the music issue and they had some great articles on Florence Welch and some new bands coming out and a great article with Stevie Nicks. Anyway, I hadn't heard many of Florence Welch's songs except those on the radio and I went and listened to others and she's pretty amazing. She apparently has a lot of clapping and stomping and hitting the walls with her fists while she records and you can actually hear it in the songs. I've never seen her perform but she apparently just goes wildly crazy and climbs on amps and climbing light poles and things. She's probably pretty interesting to watch perform.
Super red! Can't wait to see it in person. Lunch this week? Any day but Wednesday. And maybe not Tuesday because I'll have just been to the dentist on Monday.
ReplyDelete