Sunday, April 3, 2011

Well, she's walking through the clouds.

Today was a warm day. One temperature I saw had my city up to 90 degrees. So, tonight we're on severe weather watch. Booo. I'm already planning to sleep on the couch downstairs tonight. "Sleep" is sort of a funny term because I'm kind of too long for the couch and usually end up being too nervous to sleep, but at least it's not up in the rafters where the wind and rain and hail sounds like it's about to come through the roof. My bed is thisclose to the roofline and the sounds are ridiculous sometimes. This is a well built house that's been around for over a century, but I am such a weather wimp that I just don't trust that the house can really withstand much at all. Just makes me kind of irrationally anxious. So, to the couch I will go. For now, it's still pretty nice outside. The wind earlier was crazy, but it's died down. The storms are building to the west but hopefully they won't be too exciting. I know I complain when it's cold. And I complain when it's hot. It's hard to find a happy balance in Missouri.

My spring break is officially over tomorrow morning. I really only have about a month left of this semester. Mizzou has a late spring break, and then crams everything in at the last minute. It's one of their endearing qualities?

I found this on modcloth earlier and think it's kind of awesome:
It's an outlet adapter for the US, UK, and Australia. Very clever, I thought. They come in 5 or 6 colors. Oh, to travel enough to need one. Sigh. Someday?

I'm slowly turning my guest room into a record room. I've got the record player/awesome radio in there. I bought a floor cushion with a sari sort of pattern on it for the floor. I'd like to find some other pillows in similar colors to put around the floor cushion for a nice flopping area. I need a new bedspread for the guest bed because the cat quilt is cute but sort of kills the cool ambiance I'm trying to cultivate here. I think I'll also try to find some better curtains or something. I've given thought to buying some paper lanterns to hang around the room instead of using the overhead light/ceiling fan combo I've got. Basically, I want a really awesome room unlike any other room in the house and I plan to make it happen somehow. I'm shying away from painting the room some dark red color to match the sari. I'm not sure I'm that committed to the idea, especially since I don't plan on staying here for a long time. I've already got an orange room that may or may not have to be re-painted when I put the house on the market. I happen to think the room is awesome, but it's a long way from the neutral palette realtors shout about. A deep red room might run along those same lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment