Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sing it.

This is something I came across recently. I don't want to do this every single day for a month. I'd rather do it right now when I have a free hour, but I'll leave it in the format I found it in case someone else stumbles upon this and decides to take it up in it's original intention.

So. Here goes. Yay music. Geek out.

Day 01 - Your favorite song - "Wonderwall" Oasis (Probably always will be my favorite. I get giddy chills every time I hear this song start on the radio. Every. Time.)
Day 02 - Your least favorite song - "Scar Tissue" Red Hot Chili Peppers (Actually, this is tough because I don't readily remember songs I don't like, but I'm not a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan and always change the radio station when they come on. Almost every guy I've ever known considers this one of their favorite bands ever, which just blows my mind. I don't get it.)
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy - "Smile" Uncle Kraker
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad - "Down in Flames" Mindy Smith
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone - "Something in the Way She Moves" James Taylor (I love the song, but it's become ingrained in my mind as my Mom's song, because during her last days, James Taylor's cd was in my dad's car and constantly played to and from the hospital. And this song suddenly meant a lot after she died. It's really appropriate if you listen to the lyrics.)
Day 06 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere - "Fins" Jimmy Buffett (This is a great live JB concert song. Really great fun.)
Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event - "Something Good This Way Comes" - Jakob Dylan (Reminds me of wandering through the Giant Redwood Forest in North California. I remember it playing as we drove the winding road into the forest.)
Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to - "Who Loves You" Franki Valli & the Four Seasons (This song is the reason I dream of seeing "Jersey Boys" someday. Except I'd like a sing-a-long version so I'd feel less embarrassed when I can't hold in my bursts of song and chair dancing during the performance.)
Day 09 - A song that you can dance to - "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" Michael Jackson (I actually only recently discovered this song after getting the Thriller album. So good! I can't sit still when that entire record is on, but I really love this song and always find myself dancing around the room.)
Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep - "Oh My Stars" Andrew Belle
Day 11 - A song from your favorite band - "I'm Lost Without You" Blink-182
Day 12 - A song from a band you hate - See any/all Red Hot Chili Pepper songs.
Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure - "Dirty" Christina Aguilera
Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love - "Bodies" Drowning Pool (It's just so catchy. I love it.)
Day 15 - A song that describes you - "Problem Solver" HaHaTonka
Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate - "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" Backstreet Boys (I don't really hate it, but I certainly don't like it the way I did when I was 13.)
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio - "Better Man" REM
Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio - "Whistle For the Choir" Fratellis
Day 19 - A song from your favorite album - "Set Fire to the Rain" Adele
Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you’re angry - "Break Stuff" Limp Bizkit
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy - "10th Avenue Freeze Out" Bruce Springsteen
Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you’re sad - "Let It Be" Beatles
Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding - "Take A Chance On Me" ABBA (or maybe "S.O.S." by ABBA, if I suddenly panic and decide I'm really not the marrying kind.)
Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral - "Little Willow" Paul McCartney
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh - "Cupid Shuffle" Cupid
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument - "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" - Bach
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play - "Open Your Eyes" Andrew Belle
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty - I don't understand this one. I don't think a song has ever made me feel guilty.
Day 29 - A song from your childhood - "Baby Beluga" Raffi
Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year - (My favorite song is always "Wonderwall" but in an effort to not repeat songs on the list, I'll put a song I really liked last year.) "Electric Twist" A Fine Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment