Monday, April 18, 2011

Internets!! You are FAILING me.

The internets are failing me. I'm bored out of my skull. I've felt super restless for days on end now and it's driving me nuts. I'm used to being content in whatever I am doing, but for days now I can't keep interest in anything at all. There's no reason that I can pinpoint, either, which is making it even worse because I can't figure out how to make this weird mood go away.

I have made a small achievement today at work where I cataloged my 5,000th book.

I've attempted to figure out what exactly a baby boy needs when he's born next month. No real progress made. I went to Babies 'R' Us and it was like an alien world. I don't understand what all the stuff is for. I've got my cousin's registry and think the easiest thing to do will be to just buy things online without having to walk back into the store and try to play 'Where's this thing I've never heard of in the aisle full of things I've never seen before?' game.

One reason I know I'm kind of amped up and haven't been looking forward to this week is that I have class three nights this week, which means I won't be getting home til really late and I hate that. I did bring a book on the greatest speeches ever written and plan to nerdily read it at dinner. That might make a great flash mob sometime. If people just randomly stood up in a food court or at a grocery store or in a park and repeated the greatest speeches ever written. They're interesting because they aren't the famous ones you might expect to read. In case you're wondering, here are some of the speeches in the book: "Funeral Oration by Pericles (Athens, 430 BCE)", "Muhammad: Turn Thy Face (Arabian peninsula, circa 620 AD)", "Robespierre Justifies Terror (Paris, Feb. 5, 1794)", "Thomas Jefferson and the World's Best Hope (Washington, DC, March 4, 1801)", "Simon Bolivar Rallies South America (Angostura, September 15, 1819)", "Hellen Keller Strike Against War (New York, January 5, 1916)", "Haile Selassie Pleads for His Country (Geneva, June 30, 1936)", "Emperor Hirohito Addresses His Subjects (Tokyo, August 15, 1945)", "Nelson Mandela's Inaugural Address as President of South Africa (Pretoria, May 10, 1994)". There are tons of others.

Once I start reading it, if I find some that are really awesome, I might transcribe some here. I am just that restless right now.

Or maybe I'll get so restless this evening, I won't be able to stop myself from reciting one while waiting in line at Subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment