I need to get better at bringing my lunch to work so I'm not eating out every day. One of my co-workers and I have made a deal to go out to eat every Monday, because we're closed to the public that day so there's less stress on the research center staff when it comes to being super-careful about when everyone takes their lunch break. I think that will help make the week start out well. It already starts nicely because (since we're closed) Mondays are casual day so we can wear jeans. Adding in the eating-out to that makes it a nice beginning to the week.
Still, I need to come up with ideas for taking lunch that's not always microwaved pasta. Although it is yummy. I look around on pinterest for ideas but they all look really crazy-involved and not that likely for me to actually ever do. I'm not really that much of an organizer or a planner. That's why easy mac and those little microwaved bowls of ravioli are perfect. More thought is probably required.
Today is laundry day. I don't mind laundry that much because I can multi-task with this chore. Plus, if you get extra lazy about it and the dryer keeps buzzing, you just go and push the button for another cycle. Eventually, the clothes will come out of the dryer and be folded, you know? It's one of the few domestic tasks that I can feel like I'm still completing by just sitting on my butt while looking up books on Amazon.
I was all over many bookstores yesterday just wandering around. So many books that look really good. I was trying to remember them all but I know I'll forget and then probably re-discover them another day. I have to keep myself under control in bookstores. I mainly try to use the library for everything, but it's easier to browse bookstores than libraries, you know? I didn't really ever look at Target for books before, but yesterday I noticed they have a good selection! I also got a cool silver and beaded ring stuck on my finger and thought I was going to have to go sheepishly go find some Target worker to help me get it off...or go to the check-out aisle and have them somehow scan my finger to buy it. It was touch and go there for a few minutes. But, twisting and cussing seemed to work its magic and I got the ring off after a bit of anxiety. I still kind of wanted to buy it. It was a neat ring... Also neat? They had lipsmackers on clearance! I haven't had a lipsmackers lip balm since middle school. I distinctly remember having the Dr. Pepper flavor. The ones that they had on clearance were actually Girl Scout cookie flavors. They weren't selling super well, I guess, except the Thin Mint ones were all gone. I almost bought the shortbread one, but got myself under control and just bought the face sunscreen that I had intended to buy. Self-control for the win! Still...
![]() |
| Hmm. Mmm? |

No comments:
Post a Comment