So, the Olympics? I'm frustrated by the constant spoilers everywhere compounded by the fact that NBC might be the worst broadcasting channel in the history of tv. First of all, if you don't have cable (like me), you can't watch the games online through NBC. You can try to trick BBC into thinking you're actually in the UK, but frankly, I don't care enough to do that and when you go to the BBC page, they've already got all the results. So that spoils any results for an event you were hoping to watch anyway. I get my tv OTA, but NBC doesn't reach me. It's the only channel that I don't get. So, I'm pretty much up a creek as far as these Olympics go if I want to watch it at home. Boo.
It makes me even happier that I went to Omaha last month to see the swimmers since I'm not really able to actually see them now.
I did go to my Dad's house and watch last night, but NBC annoys me with their 'highlights-only' philosophy. I did see some rowing during the day on some other channel that's airing stuff. That was neat. And some archery today. But, the evening prime-time stuff is ridiculous and goes way too long. All the asinine personal drama stories they insist on featuring to drum up sympathy and drama? Dumb. Only showing 'highlights' from major events? Dumb. Oh, and I really really don't like Ryan Seacrest and loathe his role as the 'social media commentator'. I can't look at him without cringing. All in all, this is such a disappointment! No offense to London, who are holding a wonderful Olympics with lots of excitement and upsets (Honduras beating Spain in men's soccer! Yessssss!). No doubt, they are having a lovely time over there.
Meanwhile, the USA broadcasters are failing in extraordinary fashion over here. NBC seems to be priding itself on not spoiling anything for the viewers. Well, bully for you, but ESPN, ABC, CBS, AP, PBS, etc. are all spoiling things right and left. So, you should probably have tried to deal with that prior to, uh, now. Just make it available online for free, fools. This is ridiculous.
I don't remember Beijing being this bad with the commentators and the spoilers? Or the coverage issues? It's like NBC had a meeting to decide the most stupid way to handle the 2012 Games, and here we are now.
Rar.
No comments:
Post a Comment