Bahahaha. Beatrix recently woke up and just tried to jump up on to the table where I'm typing this and barely got 3/4 of her legs on the table. She recovered but it was a wobbly couple of seconds. My amusement was not appreciated, but it's nothing a couple of pats on the head won't fix. She's getting big. I don't remember the last time I shared a Bea pic with the blog world, but check out this girl chillaxin' on the sofa.
She's not such a kitten anymore. She's growing up and has already become more into getting her slouch on. She still plays a lot and runs and still has some of her kitten-like tendencies, but I can tell she's maturing.
I realize since I left the college-world, I haven't talked about books much. What sort of librarian/archivist would I be if I didn't mention bookish things now and again? I'm going to keep it up. I know I have my literary thingies on Sundays, but honestly, I made those like, around Thanksgiving and scheduled them all then so that doesn't really count. I feel like I've been slacking in the 'talk about books and reading and awesome bookwormy things' on here lately. So: Book-wise, I'm currently in the middle of doing something I rarely ever do: read a series book to book to book, etc. In my experience, a lot of books that are part of a series start to get really old to me by book three or so. I'm on book 5 of the Sookie Stackhouse series and I'm still in it! The stories are a little worn out, but the author keeps adding new creatures to the plot and it's helping to keep the interest level relatively high. It's not 'take this book to work to read during breaks and lunch' interesting. But it is 'make time to read this before bed' interesting. This fifth book is the first time I'm really noticing storyline gaps, though. Things that the author is saying that Sookie Stackhouse knows or has been through recently aren't always consistent with what has happened in the previous 4 books. It leaves you wondering if you missed some important scene in the last book (but you probably didn't). I'm sure it's difficult to keep it all straight and maybe some things get lost in the editing process, but the first four were nearly ironclad as far as plot gaps and jumps. This one is less so. To be fair, I'm only a few chapters in, so maybe this book's plot will be much more far-reaching than the others and the things I'm noticing are helping to shape the story for some really awesome twist ahead. Or maybe the fifth book is what is going to doom the series for me. We'll see.
My friend told me that, next month, Titanic is coming back to theaters in 3-d. Apparently it's an effort by Hollywood to cash in on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the real ship. They're hoping to try to blow our minds with an overly long nostalgic glimpse at when Leonardo DiCaprio was a heartthrob and when Kate Winslet wouldn't share her piece of flotsam with him and, instead, choose to let him die in the icy waters of the Atlantic. I don't think I can take seeing that movie again, it's so damn long. Plus, the end is pisses me off. You know the boat's going to sink; you're prepared for that. What makes me the most angry is that Jack didn't have to die that way. Memo to Rose: sharing is caring. You should have shared your piece of wreckage with Jack. It would have been like, two minutes, tops. The rescuers were rightthere. Right. There. Instead, you hog the makeshift raft and, after promising to never let go, you pry his cold dead hand off of yours, shove him into the depths of the ocean and promptly save your own ass. I mean, I'm all for being a survivor, but come on. That was harsh. In short, I probably will save my money and not torture myself through a 3-d version of this movie. Clearly, I was disappointed enough with 2-d.
I will leave you with a super deep thought courtesy of Pinterest and a very young Keanu Reeves:
(mindsplode, amiright?)

No comments:
Post a Comment